Strand Development has submitted a rezoning application for a 10,881 SF site on West 12th Avenue, next to the Arbutus greenway. The site is currently improved with an older commercial building occupied by Blenheim Import Auto Service.
The plan for the site calls to rezone from the existing C-7 commercial zoning to permit the development of a 6-storey residential building. The proposal includes:
- 48 rental apartment units;
- 3 studios, 20 one-bedrooms, 15 two-bedrooms and 10 three-bedrooms
- A total density of 3.47 FSR
- A building height of 63.75 ft.; and
- 20 underground parking spaces.
The application is being made under the Rental 100 policy.
The architect for this project is Yamamoto Architecture.
A preliminary rezoning application has been submitted by Chard Development in order to add much needed rental apartment density to an existing apartment property in the Central Lonsdale area of North Vancouver.
1441 St. George’s Avenue is a rental apartment building at St. Georges and East 15th Street. The existing building is 14-storeys with a 2-storey commercial podium. The building contains 80 rental residential units and 52 commercial units.
The rezoning application is proposing to rezone the property to allow for the construction of a new rental tower on the West side of the site, including:
- a 23-storey rental tower
- 175 new rental units
- 10 studios, 111 one-bedrooms, 114 two-bedrooms, 20 three-bedrooms (combined)
- a total combined density of 6.29 FSR
- purchase of 85,156 SF of density at $115 per SF
The site is currently zoned Central Lonsdale Mixed Use ‘C-1B’, which allows for a density of 2.60 FSR. The site is designated Mixed Use Level 4B land use in the Official Community Plan (OCR), which allows for an FSR of up to 3.0 with the potential for a density bonus of an additional 1.0 FSR.
The architect for the project is MCM Partnership Architects.
The property sold in September 2016 for $37,500,000, or $310,000 per existing unit.
We are pleased to introduce this 5-lot land assembly in the Phase 3 area of the Cambie Corridor. The site has potential to be redeveloped for ground-oriented housing in the forthcoming Phase 3 of the Cambie Corridor Plan.
Please contact us for further information. Brochure: Bro_West 26th Assembly Final E
Onni Group has submitted a plan to the City of Port Moody’s Community Planning Advisory Committee in order to move forward with their final phase of the City’s largest master-planned community: Suter Brook Village. The project is located on the eastern edge of Port Moody.
The first phases, completed just over 10 years ago, comprise a total of 959 units, as well as over 300,000 SF of retail and office space.
Parcel D, the final phase of the project, is located just north of the recently opened Inlet Centre Skytrain station. The plan for Parcel D includes:
- a 26-storey tower and two 4-storey lowrise buildings
- 290 units
- average unit size of 900 SF
- outdoor pool, BBQ area and children’s play area
- a total amenity package of $1.5 Million
The architect for the project is Ciccozzi Architecture.
Anticipated for well over a year now, Brilliant Circle Group has submitted their detailed rezoning application for one of Downtown Vancouver’s most prominent sites. 1445 & 1455 West Georgia, currently occupied by two older office buildings, is located where Georgia and Pender Streets merge, forming a triangle or flatiron shape. The site is considered a gateway to Downtown and is permitted extra height under the General Policy for Higher Buildings.
BCG had filed a preliminary inquiry in 2015 for the 18,158 SF site that was acquired via two separate acquisitions in 2013 & 2014 . The more detailed submission seeks to allow for a 46-storey residential development. The proposal includes:
- a building height of 514 ft.;
- a total density of 14.2 FSR;
- 128 market residential units;
- 76 two-bedrooms, 41 three-bedrooms, 9 four-bedrooms and 2 five-bedroom units
- 74 of 128 units have balconies
- seven levels of underground parking.
The building design features some interesting floor layouts and structural features intended to reduce clutter on the ground floor while providing seismic reinforcement.
This application is being considered under the General Policy for Higher Buildings.
Tower details include:
- The tower includes 40 residential floors elevated above the ground plane approximately 80 ft
- The residential floors are supported on an 8 ft thick transfer slab
- Four amenity floors are suspended from the transfer slab
- Private dining level
- Children’s play area and residential lounge
- Fitness centre
- Upper fitness area and sub mechanical and electrical rooms, required to service the high building height
- Access level from Georgia St. for residents
- Main lobby level and arrival porte cochere at the Pender St. level
- Upper underground level accommodates bicycle storage, BC Hydro project vista, main mechanical and electricalservice rooms, and visitor parking
- Seven residential parking levels with storage lockers and car wash facilities
The architect for the project is James Cheng Architects.
I am pleased to introduce this opportunity to acquire a residential development site in the Norquay Village area of East Vancouver. The site has rezoning potential to allow an 8-10 storey building and approx. 73,500 SF buildable.
Please download the brochure for an overview of this opportunity here: Brochure
Westbank Corp. has filed their rezoning application for the 23,234 SF site at the Northwest corner of Broadway and Alma Street. The site at 3701-3743 West Broadway is currently zoned C-2 and is currently improved with an old strip retail property.
The rezoning proposal is for a 6-storey mixed-use project, which includes:
- 94 secured market rental units;
- 59 studios, 1 one-bedroom, 33 two-bedrooms, 1 three-bedroom
- 7,190 SF of retail space
- A total density of 3.15 FSR;
- A building height of 64 ft.; and
- 99 parking spaces.
This application is being considered under the Affordable Housing Choices Interim Rezoning Policy. The architect for this project is Henriquez Partners.
The site was acquired by Westbank in 2011 for $9,443,000 or $121 per buildable SF based upon the current rezoning application.