The owners of a 1.7 acre site in the Maplewood Village area of North Vancouver have submitted a rezoning application and OCP amendment to redevelop the existing property, known as Maplewood Plaza.
The site is currently built as a smaller mixed use commercial plaza with two commercial spaces and 28 rental units. The site is designated Commercial Mixed Use Level 1 in the OCP which allows for densities up to 1.75 FSR. The proposed OCP amendment would change the designation for these two properties to Commercial Mixed Use Level 2 which allows for densities up to 2.50 FSR.
The proposed redevelopment is for two 6-storey buildings, including:
- 193 units (21 townhouses and 172 lowrise units)
- 38 rental units
- 85 one-bedrooms, 99 two-bedrooms and 9 three-bedrooms
- 10,743 SF of retail space
- a total density of 2.49 FSR
- 255 underground parking stalls on two levels
- $200,000 voluntary CAC payment
The architect for the project is Rositch Hemphill.