A rezoning application has been submitted for the Gabriola Mansion property at 1523 Davie Street in Vancouver’s West End. The 26,000 SF property, principally occupied by one of the West End’s most notorious heritage buildings, was sold last year for $6.72 Million.
The application includes the preservation and restoration of the Gabriola Mansion building through conversion to rental apartments.
Further details include:
- the conversion of the mansion into 16 market rental units;
- 4 new infill 3-storey rental townhouses to be developed in the northeast corner of the property;
- 4 three-bedrooms, 5 two-bedrooms, 7 one-bedrooms and 4 studios
- an increase in FSR from 0.35 to 0.89; and
- no increase in height from the existing CD-1 (248).
The architect for the project is Ankenman Marchand.