A partnership between Strand Development and Intracorp has submitted an application to rezone a site located at 1055 Harwood Street, between Thurlow and Burrard in the West End area of Downtown Vancouver.
The proposal is for a 32-storey residential building with:
- 82 market residential units;
- 68 two-bedrooms, 8 three-bedrooms and 6 four-bedrooms;
- 44 social housing units;
- a density of 10.35 FSR;
- four levels of underground parking with 156 vehicle parking stalls;
- 158 bicycle parking spaces; and
- a building height of 300 ft.
The RM-5A zoned site was redesignated under the West End Community Plan, adopted in 2014. Currently occupied by a lowrise coop, the site was acquired in August 2016 for $40.5 Million.
The application describes the design rationale: