The City of Vancouver has received the first major rezoning application for a site in the Grandview-Woodland Community Plan.
The proposal is for a 29,112 SF site owned by Intracorp at the corner of East 11th Avenue and Victoria Drive, currently occupied by older lowrise residential buildings, including a heritage house. The plan calls for rezoning from RM-4 to permit the development of a 10-storey residential building with a 6-storey residential podium.
The proposal includes:
- 149 units (76 rental & 73 strata);
- A total density of 3.58 FSR;
- Relocation and designation of a Vancouver Heritage Register Category “B” heritage house (on-site);
- A height of approximately 103.4 ft.; and
- 108 underground parking spaces.
This application is being considered under the Grandview-Woodland Community Plan which dictates that 50% of the gross floor area can be condos if 50% of the gross floor area is rental housing.
The architect for the project is Perkins + Will.