A development application has been submitted to the City of Vancouver for permission to develop a 50′ x 122′ site in Chinatown with a new 8-storey mixed use building. The site is located mid-block on the North side of Keefer Street between Main Street and Gore Avenue. The existing building on site is a single-storey retail building that is vacant.
Details of the proposed development include:
- 29 residential units;
- 23 one-bedrooms and 6 two-bedrooms
- 2,838 SF of ground-floor retail space
- 12,022 SF of office space on the 2nd and 3rd floors;
- a total density of 5.35 FSR;
- 20 parking stalls on two underground levels accessed via car elevator.
Under the site’s existing HA-1A zoning, the application is “conditional” so it may be permitted; however, it requires the decision of the Development Permit Board.
The site sold in June 2016 for $6,350,000 or $194 per buildable SF based on the application.
The architect for the project is Mallen Gowing Berzins Architecture.