Thind Properties has applied to the City of Burnaby to rezone a 57,809 SF site at 6525-6585 Sussex Avenue for a new mixed use development including market residential, non-market rental and retail and office uses. The original rezoning application was made over a year ago, but the details have now been finalized and it is now ready to move forward to public hearing.
The existing site is located just a few steps East of Metrotown Skytrain Station on Beresford and is comprised of three lots improved with three older walkup apartment buildings totaling 64 units.
The plan calls for rezoning per the Metrotown Downtown Plan to RM5s, RM4 and C2 zoning districts. Details include:
- a 48-storey tower including 10-storeys of office and 38-storeys of residential on the North portion of the site
- 327 market residential units
- 160 one-bedrooms units, 125 two-bedroom units and 41 three-bedroom units;
- 4,700 SF of retail uses at grade;
- 69,515 SF of office space;
- a 14-storey tower with 125 non-market rental units on the South portion
- A combined total density of 8.0 FAR;
- Building heights of 520 ft. and 155 ft;
- 544 underground parking stalls