A rezoning application has been submitted for an 11,874 SF single-family lot at the corner of Arbutus Street and West 35th Avenue. The project’s preliminary title is 2019 Passivhaus, indicating that the project will be passive housing.
The application for 2109 West 35th Avenue is to rezone from RS-5 to allow a new 3-storey rental residential building that includes:
- 12 secured market rental units;
- 6 one-bedroom units and 6 three-bedroom units;
- a total density of 0.81 FSR;
- a building height of 35.5 ft.; and
- 13 vehicle parking spaces and 16 bicycle parking spaces.
The application is being considered under the Affordable Housing Choices Interim Rezoning Policy.
The architect for the project is b Squared Architecture Inc.
The lot sold in March 2016 for $2,500,000 or $217 per buildable SF based on the application.