0951705 BC Ltd. has applied to the City of Richmond for permission to rezone 8871, 8891, 8911, 8931, 8951, 8971 and 8960 Douglas Street from the “Light Industrial (IL )” zone and the “Auto-Oriented Commercial (CA)” zone to a new site-specific zone in order to permit a new 6-storey hotel development, entitled “Hyatt Place” in the City Centre’s Bridgeport Village.
The site includes a non-contiguous portion on the south side of Douglas Street. The 6-storey hotel building will be on the north side of Douglas Street and a single-storey
commercial building will be on the south side. The hotel site is 25,920 SF and is currently vacant.
Key components of the proposal include:
- 97 hotel rooms;
- 1,733 of commercial space;
- a building height of 74 ft.;
- A total density of 2.0 FAR;
- 57 total parking stalls across both sites;
- LEED Silver equivalent building design and hotel building designed and constructed to connect to a future district energy utility (DEU) system.
The architect for the project is GBL Architects.