A rezoning application has been made for an existing apartment property at Lonsdale and 26th Street in North Vancouver. There was a fire in the building one year ago and the existing apartment property has been vacant ever since. The proposal for the new building includes the potential acquisition of a road right of way totaling 9,625 SF to expand the site to a total of 17,962 SF. The site is designated Residental Level 5 in the City of North Vancouver’s Official Community Plan.
The proposal is for a new 6-storey building that includes:
- 16 condo units (6 one-bedrooms, 6 two-bedrooms & 4 three-bedrooms);
- 28 rental units (19 one-bedrooms, 6 two-bedrooms & 3 three-bedrooms);
- A total density of 2.06 FAR (after consolidation);
- 36 underground parking stalls.
- A 15-foot wide pedestrian right of way connecting Lonsdale.
The architect for the project is GBL Architects.