A development application has been submitted for a 4,659 SF lot on the West side of Cambie between West 18th and West 19th Avenues.
The site is currently occupied by Pronto Restaurant and sister bar Prontino. The imminent closure of the restaurant was featured in Global News.
The development proposal involves the development of a new 4-storey, mixed commercial and residential building consisting of:
- Dental office on the ground floor;
- 5 residential units above;
- 1 level of underground parking, having vehicular access from Tupper Street;
- A proposed building height of 44 ft;
- A total density of 2.16 FSR.
Under the site’s existing C-2 zoning, the application is “conditional” so it may be permitted; however, it requires the decision of the Director of Planning.
The building sold in 2016 for $4,388,000, or $436 per buildable SF based on the development application.