Westbank Corp. has now submitted their formal rezoning application for the site they own at 1668-1684 Alberni Street, at the corner of Bidwell Street. The site is currently home to two older midrise concrete condo buildings located just across Alberni from the former Chevron site, sold recently. The site also sits on the same block as a proposed 42-storey rental tower.
The current zoning for the 21,607 SF site is RM-5C thought the site is one of several that were redesignated under the West End Community Plan, this area known as the Denman Village. The proposal, designed by Bing Thom, is a 39-storey residential building including:
- a six-storey podium;
- 94 market residential units;
- 13 one-bedrooms, 25 two-bedrooms, 55 three-bedrooms & 1 four-bed;
- 5,500 SF floorplates;
- the top 18 floors will feature only two units per floor;
- a total density of 10.7 FSR;
- four levels of underground parking with 180 vehicle parking stalls and 120 bicycle parking spaces; and
- a building height of 385 ft.