A rezoning application has been submitted for an 11,874 SF single-family lot at the corner of Arbutus Street and West 35th Avenue. The project’s preliminary title is 2019 Passivhaus, indicating that the project will be passive housing.
The application for 2109 West 35th Avenue is to rezone from RS-5 to allow a new 3-storey rental residential building that includes:
- 12 secured market rental units;
- 6 one-bedroom units and 6 three-bedroom units;
- a total density of 0.81 FSR;
- a building height of 35.5 ft.; and
- 13 vehicle parking spaces and 16 bicycle parking spaces.
The application is being considered under the Affordable Housing Choices Interim Rezoning Policy.
The architect for the project is b Squared Architecture Inc.
The lot sold in March 2016 for $2,500,000 or $217 per buildable SF based on the application.
A rezoning application has been submitted for a former church site in Kitsilano, at 2715 West 12th Avenue (along the Kitsilano diversion curve).
The proposal calls to rezone the 8,570 SF site from RS-7 (One-Family Dwelling) District to CD-1 to permit a 3.5-storey townhouse development under Affordable Housing Choices Interim Rezoning Policy. The policy allows for rental housing on arterial streets up to 3.5 storeys. While the policy has been tested in other areas of the City, this is one of the first such proposal on the Westside.
The proposal includes:
- 15 secured market rental residential units;
- A floor area of 14,056 SF;
- A total density of 1.50 FSR;
- A height of approximately 37.5 ft.;
- 2 car share vehicle parking spaces; and
- 19 Class A bicycle parking spaces.
The site was listed for sale in 2016 for $3,389,000, and sold for $3,250,000, or $231 per buildable SF based on the rezoning application.
The architect for the project is MCMP Architects.
Westbank Corp. has filed their rezoning application for the 23,234 SF site at the Northwest corner of Broadway and Alma Street. The site at 3701-3743 West Broadway is currently zoned C-2 and is currently improved with an old strip retail property.
The rezoning proposal is for a 6-storey mixed-use project, which includes:
- 94 secured market rental units;
- 59 studios, 1 one-bedroom, 33 two-bedrooms, 1 three-bedroom
- 7,190 SF of retail space
- A total density of 3.15 FSR;
- A building height of 64 ft.; and
- 99 parking spaces.
This application is being considered under the Affordable Housing Choices Interim Rezoning Policy. The architect for this project is Henriquez Partners.
The site was acquired by Westbank in 2011 for $9,443,000 or $121 per buildable SF based upon the current rezoning application.