Newgen Group has submitted a rezoning application for a one acre site at the intersection of Blue Mountain Street and Lougheed Highway in the Maillardville area of Coquitlam. The plan calls for what would become the first highrise in the area.
Details of the proposed project, titled ‘Mont Bleu’, include:
- A 21-storey tower;
- 155 units (including 8 townhouses);
- 32 studios, 58 one-bedrooms, 48 two-bedrooms; 17 three-bedrooms;
- four (4) retail CRU units and office space on the second level of the podium;
- a total density of 3.5 FAR;
- 239 underground parking spaces are proposed.
The proposed development generally complies with the applicable provisions of the C-5 Community Commercial Zone and is consistent with the Neighbourhood Centre designation in the Maillardville Neighbourhood Plan (MNP).
The architect for the project is DA Architects & Planners.
Two more towers are planned for the Burquitlam area of Coquitlam. This application comes from Anthem for a 2 acre site in between Brookmere Park and Vancouver Golf Club at 585 Austin Avenue, East of North Road. The development would replace an existing 58-unit strata townhouse complex on the site.
The proposal requires rezoning from the existing RS-1 zone to RM-6 Multi-Storey High Density Residential to allow two highrise buildings.The site falls within the Transit-Oriented Development Strategy “Shoulder” area of Lougheed Skytrain Station.
- 379 residential units
- 139 one-bedrooms, 285 two-bedrooms, 55 three-bedrooms
- a 23-storey tower and a 28-storey tower
- a total density of 4.0 FAR
- 22,000 SF of amenity space
- 576 parking spaces on 3.5 floors of underground parking
The architect for the project is IBI Group.
Cressey has submitted a rezoning application for a 1.8 acre site at 430-450 Westview Street, just East of North Road and South of Austin Avenue in the Burquitlam Area of Coquitlam.
The site is zoned RM-4 but designated as high-density residential in the Lougheed Neighbourhood Plan and is currently occupied by two older lowrise apartment buildings containing a total of 101 rental units.
The redevelopment plan includes a new condo development with a rental development replacing the existing units at a ratio of 2:1. Details include:
- Two towers -a 35-storey condo tower & a 22-storey rental tower
- 264 condo units (average 675 SF) 106 one-beds, 153 two-beds and 5 three-beds
- 202 rental units (average 714 SF) 35 studios, 96 one-beds, 68 two-beds & 3 three-beds
- total density of 5.0 FAR (3.04 condo & 1.96 rental)
- 27,064 SF of amenity space including an outdoor pool
- 679 underground parking spaces
The architect for the project is Chris Dikeakos.
Intracorp has applied to to rezone an 4.83 acre piece of land near the City Centre area of Coquitlam. The site is currently owned by the Finnish Canadian Rest Home Association who will be partnering with Intracorp to allow a new townhouse development coupled with a new independent-living rental apartment building for seniors over 60.
The site itself will be subdivided into two pieces, one to the West allowing new townhouse development, and the other allowing the new apartment development. The two pieces will be separated by a new extension to Hudson Street. Project details include:
Townhouses & Duplexes
- Site area of 3.56 acres
- 76 duplex and townhouse strata units in three rows with large courtyard
- Density of 0.81 FAR
- 2 two-bedrooms, 45 three-bedrooms & 29 two-bedrooms
- 138 parking stalls
Seniors Apartment Building
- Site area of 0.86 acres
- 67 units in a 4-storey building
- Density of 1.52 FAR
- 5 studios, 42 one-bedrooms and 20 two-bedrooms
Seniors Apartment Component
Mosaic Homes is planning a 31-unit townhouse project in the Partington Creek Neighbourhood of Northeast Coquitlam. The 2.2 acre site is located at 3539-3547 Victoria Drive at the corner of Rocklin Street, on the border with Port Coquitlam. The proposed rezoning to RT-2 Townhouse Residential includes:
- 31 townhouse units in 2-3 storey buidlings
- 3 and 4 bedroom units
- Common amenity space
- 55 parking spaces
Otivo Development Groups’ plan for a new 6-storey project on a 3-lot assembly at 717-721 Breslay is heading to public hearing. The proposal calls for rezoning from the current RT-1 Zoning to RM-3 Medium Density Residential. The site falls within 400m of the new Clarke Road Evergreen Line Station. Details of the project include:
- 64 condo units
- 24 one-bedrooms, 30 two-bedrooms and 10 three-bedrooms
- a total density of 2.3 FAR
- 91 underground parking spaces
- Woodframe construction
- A CAC totaling $151,400
The architect for the project is Cicozzi Architecture.