A development application has been submitted to the City of Vancouver for permission to develop a two-lot assembly in Marpole at the corner of West 62nd Avenue and Columbia Street.
The plan for the RM-9 zoned, 9,681 SF site includes a 4-storey building with:
- 26 rental apartment units
- a total density of 1.91 FSR
- 19 underground parking spaces on one level of underground
Under the site’s existing RM-9 zoning, the application is “conditional”. The site falls just a few feet short of the required 90 ft. minimum site frontage and so the proponent has appealed to the Board of Variance. There is no CAC payable in this area of the Marpole Community Plan if the project is 100% rental. If the 90 ft. minimum site frontage is enforced, the project would be limited to 1.50 FSR.
The site was assembled between 2015 and 2016 for a total of $5,568,000, or $302 per buildable SF based on the proposed development.
The architect for the project is Stuart Howard Architects.
James Schouw and Associates has applied to the City of Vancouver for permission to develop on a 6,098 SF site next to Beedie’s controversial project at Keefer and Columbia. The plan for the existing vacant site is for a 10-storey mixed-use building with commercial uses on the first two floors and residential uses above. The proposal includes :
- 33 residential units;
- total floor area of 49,323 SF;
- 8,000 SF of commercial space;
- building height of approximately 88 ft.; and
- 3 levels of underground parking containing 39 parking spaces.
The plan also calls for the commercial space to have frontage on both the Keefer side and the laneway.
Under the site’s existing HA-1A zoning, the application is “conditional” so it may be permitted; however, it requires the decision of the Director of Planning.
A preliminary rezoning application has been submitted by Chard Development in order to add much needed rental apartment density to an existing apartment property in the Central Lonsdale area of North Vancouver.
1441 St. George’s Avenue is a rental apartment building at St. Georges and East 15th Street. The existing building is 14-storeys with a 2-storey commercial podium. The building contains 80 rental residential units and 52 commercial units.
The rezoning application is proposing to rezone the property to allow for the construction of a new rental tower on the West side of the site, including:
- a 23-storey rental tower
- 175 new rental units
- 10 studios, 111 one-bedrooms, 114 two-bedrooms, 20 three-bedrooms (combined)
- a total combined density of 6.29 FSR
- purchase of 85,156 SF of density at $115 per SF
The site is currently zoned Central Lonsdale Mixed Use ‘C-1B’, which allows for a density of 2.60 FSR. The site is designated Mixed Use Level 4B land use in the Official Community Plan (OCR), which allows for an FSR of up to 3.0 with the potential for a density bonus of an additional 1.0 FSR.
The architect for the project is MCM Partnership Architects.
The property sold in September 2016 for $37,500,000, or $310,000 per existing unit.
I am pleased to introduce this opportunity to acquire a residential development site in the Norquay Village area of East Vancouver. The site has rezoning potential to allow an 8-10 storey building and approx. 73,500 SF buildable.
Please download the brochure for an overview of this opportunity here: Brochure
PC Urban has applied to the City of Vancouver for permission to develop a site at the Northeast corner of West 5th and Alberta in Mount Pleasant for a new 4-storey commercial/light industrial building. The project includes
- 23,590 SF of Wholesale uses on the first storey and mezzanine;
- 47,325 SF of General Office uses on the second through fourth storeys; and
- two levels of underground parking with 95 spaces
- one Class A and two Class B loading spaces
Under the site’s existing I-1 zoning, the application is “conditional” so it may be permitted; however, it requires the decision of the Director of Planning.
This proposal continues a trend of mixed industrial and office buildings at higher densities in Mount Pleasant following zoning changes in 2014.
A development application has been filed by Yenik Realty for the site at 2350 West 4th Avenue in Kitsilano, comprising a total of 150 ft. of frontage currently improved with older single-storey retail buildings. The plan calls for a new retail building on this C-2B zoned site, including a relocated Shopper’s Drug Mart, which is currently located further down this block.
Details of the development proposal include:
- a two-storey Shopper’s Drug Mart;
- three additional retail stores on the ground floor;
- a total density of 1.24 FSR,
- approximately 19,563 SF of retail space
- an overall building height of approximately 37.67 feet; and
- 69 underground parking spaces on two levels
The architect for the project is Proscenium Architecture + Interiors Inc.
A development application has been submitted for an industrial-zoned property in the Strathcona area of East Vancouver. The plan for the 11,616 SF, I-2 zoned site at 1157 Parker Street is to develop a new four-storey, mixed-use building, consisting of:
- Manufacturing uses on the first, second, and third floors (23,198 SF)
- General Office uses on the third and fourth floors (11,650 SF)
- Total building area of 34,848 SF
- total density of 3.00 FSR
- two levels of underground parking
Under the site’s existing I-2 zoning, the application is “conditional” so it may be permitted; however, it requires the decision of the Director of Planning. The architect for the project is Yamamoto Architecture.
The site was listed and sold by Matt Smith and Steve Fame of Colliers.