Executive Group Development has applied to the City of Vancouver for permission to develop the old Edward Chapman site at 833 West Pender Street with a 13-storey hotel. This is the first hotel to be built in the downtown core since the Coast Coal Harbour Hotel completed in 2010.
The unusually small 52′ x 120′ site was acquired by Executive Group late last year for $19,000,000 ($298 per buildable SF) and had since been rumoured for the hotel development in conjunction with a portion of the adjacent Exchange Building being converted to hotel use as well.
The proposal includes the following:
- 106 hotel rooms (9 rooms per floor)
- Restaurant on the ground floor;
- Building height of approximately 153.7 ft;
- A total density of 10.2 FSR;
- Total floor area of 63,865 SF; and
- 9 underground valet parking spaces accessed from the lane.
Under the site’s existing DD zoning, the application is “conditional” so it may be permitted; however, it requires the decision of the Development Permit Board.
The architect for the project is Studio One Architecture.