Westbank and Hootsuite have submitted their formal development application for a 2.8 acre site in Mount Pleasant. The site is divided by a lane and fronts onto Ontario Street between East 4th and East 5th Avenue.
The I-1 zoning for the site was amended by the City of Vancouver earlier this year to I-1A and I-1B, to allow for more flexible uses, density and building form; essentially to accommodate Hootsuite’s use in the Westbank proposal for the subject site.
The proposal for the two sites includes:
102 East 4th Avenue (the North site)
- A 8-storey mixed-use building containing Industrial and Office uses
- An approximate height of 107 ft.; and
- A total density of 5.0 FSR (148,918 SF); and,
- 5 levels of underground parking providing a total of 394 parking spaces having vehicular access from the lane.
110 East 5th Avenue (the South site)
- A 9-storey mixed-use building containing Industrial and Office uses
- An approximate height of 122 ft.;
- A total density of 6.0 FSR (142,579 SF); and
- 5 levels of underground parking providing a total of 287 parking spaces having vehicular access from the lane
Westbank acquired the site in 2015 for $40,475,000, or $139 per buildable SF based on the current development application.
The architect for the project is Henriquez Partners Architects.