Krahn Engineering Ltd. has applied to the City of Vancouver for permission to develop a 39,1855 triangular shaped site at 2741 Skeena Street in East Vancouver. The site is directly West of the Grandview Walmart parking lot.
The proposal is for a new 5-storey self storage facility, consisting of:
- Mini-Storage Warehouse uses on the second through fifth storeys;
- a parkade on the first storey;
- a total density of 3.0 FSR (117,555 sq. ft.);
- 27 parking stalls;
- peak height of 100.00 ft.
Under the site’s existing I-2 zoning, the application is “conditional” so it may be permitted; however, it requires the decision of the Director of Planning.
The full development application can be viewed here: http://development.vancouver.ca/pc2741skeena/index.htm
A development application has been submitted for an industrial-zoned property in the Strathcona area of East Vancouver. The plan for the 11,616 SF, I-2 zoned site at 1157 Parker Street is to develop a new four-storey, mixed-use building, consisting of:
- Manufacturing uses on the first, second, and third floors (23,198 SF)
- General Office uses on the third and fourth floors (11,650 SF)
- Total building area of 34,848 SF
- total density of 3.00 FSR
- two levels of underground parking
Under the site’s existing I-2 zoning, the application is “conditional” so it may be permitted; however, it requires the decision of the Director of Planning. The architect for the project is Yamamoto Architecture.
The site was listed and sold by Matt Smith and Steve Fame of Colliers.
A development application has been filed with the City of Vancouver for the former Terminal City Ironworks site, a 2.3 acre full city block in East Vancouver located at 1900 Pandora Street, with frontage on Franklin St., Victoria Dr. and Semlin Dr. The site, zoned I-2 industrial, was offered for sale in 2014 with Cushman Wakefield for $14.9M.
The history of the site, including its more recent use predominantly as a film shoot location, was reported by the Vancouver Sun earlier this year.
The current development proposal from Conwest Developments anticipates two new buildings including the following:
- a 4-storey wholesale/office building accessed off of Pandora St.
- a 3-storey wholesale building accessed of of Franklin St.
- one level of underground parking
- total building area of 202,262 SF
- total density of 2.06 FSR
The use and density are conditional under the zoning and therefore requires approval of the Director of Planning.
The architect for the project is Taylor Kurtz.
A development application has been filed by Next Pacific Ventures Ltd. for a 6,754 site on East Pender Street near Clark Drive. The plan for the I-2 zoned property at 1257 East Pender Street includes:
- a 7-storey industrial building
- 20,262 SF of floorspace (6,700 SF of office and 9,200 SF of workshop space)
- manufacturing and general office uses
- 2 levels of underground parking
The application is conditional under the I-2 zoning, which permits a height up to 100 ft. and allows some general office space in conjunction with industrial uses.