Rejoyce Investment Corp. has submitted a rezoning application to rezone a single 38 x 112 ft. commercial lot at 4459 Rupert Street, between East 28th and East 29th Avenue. The building is to be called “The Monad on Rupert Street”, modeled after a similar 5-unit building constructed in Kits in 2010.
The existing zoning of the 4,270 SF site is C-1 (Commercial), and the plan is to redevelop site with a 4-storey mixed-use building. This is a concurrent rezoning and development permit application.
The proposal includes:
- 14 rental apartment units;
- Four studios, 5 one-bedrooms & 5 two-bedrooms;
- 2,424 SF of retail space;
- A total density of 2.40 FSR;
- A building height of 49 ft.; and
- 9 parking spaces and 30 bicycle parking spaces.
2nd Floor Plan
This application is being considered under the Secured Market Rental Housing (Rental 100) Policy.
The architect for the project is Lang Wilson Practice in Architecture Culture (LWPAC).