Newgen Group has submitted a rezoning application for a one acre site at the intersection of Blue Mountain Street and Lougheed Highway in the Maillardville area of Coquitlam. The plan calls for what would become the first highrise in the area.
Details of the proposed project, titled ‘Mont Bleu’, include:
- A 21-storey tower;
- 155 units (including 8 townhouses);
- 32 studios, 58 one-bedrooms, 48 two-bedrooms; 17 three-bedrooms;
- four (4) retail CRU units and office space on the second level of the podium;
- a total density of 3.5 FAR;
- 239 underground parking spaces are proposed.
The proposed development generally complies with the applicable provisions of the C-5 Community Commercial Zone and is consistent with the Neighbourhood Centre designation in the Maillardville Neighbourhood Plan (MNP).
The architect for the project is DA Architects & Planners.