The Molnar Group has submitted a rezoning application for a 47,674 SF site at the corner of Hull Street and East 20th Avenue in East Vancouver. The plan for the lots at 3560-3570 Hull Street and 2070-2090 East 20th Avenue is to rezone from the existing RS-1 to permit a 3.5-storey development containing townhouses, an apartment and a retained heritage house.
The proposal includes:
- 70 secured market rental units
- 41 3-bedroom townhouses, 28 one-bedroom apartment units, and one 2-bed heritage house);
- A total density of 1.53 FSR;
- A maximum height of approximately 50 ft.;
- Relocation and designation of an existing heritage house at 2088 East 20th Avenue; and
- 82 underground parking spaces.
This application is being considered under the Affordable Housing Choices Interim Rezoning Policy. The rezoning policy is relatively unknown even among the development community; it allows for higher densities for “affordable” rental or social housing on or near arterial streets. In this case, the large single family lots helped facilitate the proposal.
The architect for the project is Wensley Architecture.
Molnar acquired the site in July 2016 for $13,375,000, or $183 per buildable SF based on the application.