Westbank‘s rezoning application for the Budget Car Rental site at 400 West Georgia Street has been submitted to the City. The site is located at the corner of West Georgia and Homer Street, across from the Central Library Branch. The letter of intent submitted by Westbank, suggests that the building will be built “on spec”.
The plan for the 20,992 SF (175′ x 120′) site calls for rezoning from Downtown (DD) District to Comprehensive Development (CD-1) District to allow for a 24-storey office building. The proposal includes:
- 350,000 SF of office space;
- 5,775 SF of retail space;
- a building height of 301 ft.;
- a total density 17.51 FSR;
- steel construction;
- six levels of underground parking; and
- 125 bicycle parking spaces.
Design features will include triple-paned curtain wall, openable windows, large spans of column free space, glass floors. It will also incorporate a 4-storey high lobby.
The application describes the design rationale:
“The building is conceived as a cluster of white cubes that are bound by lush gardens. Pristine boxes project outward from the crevices filled with thick vegetation. The greenery is as expressive as the geometry is abstract. Together they merge into a staggered silhouette that is neither a tower nor warehouse, but a 3-dimensional campus.”
“The proposed building will be utilizing a concrete core with structural steel beams and steel decking c/w concrete topping. The steel construction seemed better suited to the architectural design and provides the desirable aesthetic of seeing the buildings structure visible through the transparent exterior glazing. The “truss” elements are cantilevering from 6 large column supports extending up through the entire building resulting in large open / column free interior spaces allowing flexible internal office planning configurations.”
This rezoning application is being considered under the Rezoning Policy for the Central Business District (CBD) and CBD Shoulder.
The architect for the project is Merrick Architecture.
Oxford Properties has applied to the City of Vancouver for permission to build a brand new infill office building on an underutilized portion of a 59,000 SF lot and existing 22-storey office building property they own at 401 West Georgia (built in 1987) , which runs along Homer Street all the way to Dunsmuir Street on the North, where the new building will be located.
The plan is to build a new 9-storey office building on the North part of the property facing Dunsmuir Street. Details include:
- retail and office use on the ground floor and office use on the 2nd-9th floors;
- 4,654 SF of new retail space
- 147,000 SF of new office space
- Office floorplates of 14,000 – 19,000 SF
- 6,600 SF of amenity space, 2,300 SF conference centre & 4,300 SF fitness facility
- a building height of 139.4 feet
- two levels of underground parking accessed from the lane; and
- retention of the existing commercial building on the south portion of the site.
The project is being proposed under the existing DD zoning and so only requires a development permit as opposed to rezoning.
The architect for the project is B + H Architects Inc.
We are pleased to announce the sale of 1574 Kingsway in Vancouver. This mixed-use residential/retail building sold for $2,750,000. The property was marketed and sold by our team in late 2016.
Larco has submitted their development application to the City of Vancouver for permission to develop the second phase of the redeveloped Arbutus Village Shopping Centre property – a project plan originally conceived almost ten years ago.
The overall rezoning for the site was approved back in July 2011, with the first phase “Block A” having been approved in late 2015 and now under development to include 215 units and a new Safeway store. Each phase requires a separate development permit.
The plan for “Block B” calls for development of the Southeast corner of the 7-acre site, currently surface parking, with a 7-storey apartment building with retail at grade, including the following:
- 170 rental apartment units
- 37 studios, 24 one-bedrooms, 74 two-bedrooms & 35 three-bedrooms
- 29,400 SF of retail space (including relocated BMO and BC Liquor Store)
- two levels of underground parking accessed off of Yew Street
Construction of Block B is scheduled to complete in 2019.
The final phase of the project involves demolition and redevelopment of the existing shopping centre, with completion of the entire project targeted for 2022.
The architect for the project is Dialog.
A development application has been filed by Yenik Realty for the site at 2350 West 4th Avenue in Kitsilano, comprising a total of 150 ft. of frontage currently improved with older single-storey retail buildings. The plan calls for a new retail building on this C-2B zoned site, including a relocated Shopper’s Drug Mart, which is currently located further down this block.
Details of the development proposal include:
- a two-storey Shopper’s Drug Mart;
- three additional retail stores on the ground floor;
- a total density of 1.24 FSR,
- approximately 19,563 SF of retail space
- an overall building height of approximately 37.67 feet; and
- 69 underground parking spaces on two levels
The architect for the project is Proscenium Architecture + Interiors Inc.
We are pleased to introduce this Kingsway apartment/retail building. Please contact us for further details.
1574 Kingsway Brochure
A development application has been filed with the City of Vancouver for permission to develop a 5,829 SF site at the corner of Kingsway and Welwyn St. in East Vancouver. The site is currently improved with an older single-storey retail building. The proposed project includes:
- a 4-storey, mixed-use development with 11 dwelling units and commercial units at grade;
- total density of 2.48 FSR
- one level of underground parking with 12 stalls.
Under the site’s existing C-2 zoning, the application is “conditional” so it may be permitted; however, it requires the decision of the Director of Planning.
The architect for the project is Anyone Architecture. The development application can be viewed here: http://development.vancouver.ca/pc1690kingsway/index.htm