A controversial highrise proposed for Vidal Street is going ahead, following narrow approval by White Rock council Monday.
Zoning and Official Community Plan amendments that facilitate construction of the 12-storey project received final reading on 4-3 votes, with Mayor Wayne Baldwin and Couns. Al Campbell and Helen Fathers opposed.
Fathers said she couldn’t support the amendments after hearing from residents that the project is “too much, too dense, they don’t like it.” “I don’t believe this is the right time for it,” she said.
The project, proposed for 1467-1519 Vidal St., includes 12 townhouse units and 97 apartments, underground parking and public green space.
Read more: http://www.peacearchnews.com/news/230899631.html
Here is a list of rezoning applications headed for Burnaby City Council’s consideration on Monday:
Phase 1 of Brentwood Town Centre Project
The first phase of the Brentwood Town Centre redevelopment by Shape Properties is seeking to move forward to first reading and public hearing next month. Phase 1 includes development of a new externally oriented commercial shopping centre, public plaza and high street within the 8-acre southwest quadrant. It includes:
- 546,820 SF of new commercial space in 2-4 storey buildings
- Density of 1.56 FAR
- Central civic plaza
Phase 2 of Station Square
The second phase of the Station Square redevelopment by Anthem Properties is seeking to move forward to first reading and public hearing next month. The first phase is now substantially sold out and under construction. Phase 2 includes development the next two towers atop a low-rise retail and office podium on the Eastern portion of the site. It includes:
- two towers – one 38-storeys and one 48-storeys
- 768 total units
- a total density of 5.34 FAR
- 97,343 SF of new commercial space
Canada Way and Claude Avenue
The owners of this 4.6 acre site have filed a rezoning application for a 132 unit stacked-townhouse development with underground parking to a total density of 0.9 FAR.
Qualex-Landmark is proposing to rezone 458-476 West 41st Avenue from RS-1 District to CD-1 for a rental residential development including one 6-storey building and 2-storey townhouses at the rear of the site. The proposal consists of:
- 50 secured market rental units
- a proposed density of 2.55 FSR 37,152 SF
This rezoning application is being considered under the Cambie Corridor Plan and the Secured Market Rental Housing Policy (Rental 100).
Qualex had purchased the site in 2010 for $2,500,000, or $67 per BSF based upon proposed density.
Morguard has applied to the City of Vancouver to amend the existing CD-1 for their property 601 West Hastings Street (also referred to as 333 Seymour Street) to retain the existing office tower, and build a 25-storey office building with:
- A total floor area of 227,700 SF
- 3,627 sq. ft. of ground level retail space
- a public plaza
- a density of 24.34 FSR
- a proposed height of 357 ft
- 102 parking spaces and 78 bicycle parking spaces in 5 levels of underground parking
Several rezoning projects are headed to council next week in anticipation of public hearing:
- 33-49 East Hastings St.
- Atira Housing Society is proposing to rezone for four lots from DEOD to CD to increase the permitted density from 5.00 to 8.28 FSR and building height from 98 feet to 127 feet to allow construction of a mixed-use building with commercial use at grade and in the mezzanine, and with 12 storeys of residential use above. It includes 102 units of social/supportive housing and 67 units of market housing secured as rental for 15 years.
2. 1412-1480 Howe Street
- Westbank Projects is proposing to rezone several lots on Howe Street for a 52-storey (497 ft.) residential tower with 407 residential units and a 10-storey podium containing retail and 95 residential units (market rental). Lots on Granville and Pacific Street will include 6-storey buildings providing retail and office uses. The total density is 5.08 FSR.
3. 4412-4488 Cambie Street
- Dava Developments Ltd. is rezoning 4412-4488 Cambie Street from RS-1 to CD-1 under the Cambie Corridor Plan. The proposal is for a 6-storey residential development containing a total of 102 residential units (19 townhouses and 83 apartments), with a density 2.60 FSR, and 113 parking spaces. The CAC is fixed at $55.00 per SF of net increase in density.
4. 2290 Main Street
- The proposed rezoning for 2290 Main Street from IC-2 to CD-1 anticipates a 9-storey mixed-use building with 89 residential units. The proposal includes a density of 4.92 FSR, and a total height of 99 feet. The proposed project is supportable under the Mt. Pleasant Community Plan. The CAC proposed is $35.40 per SF.
5. 1526-1560 Kingsway