Another week, another highrise proposal for Brentwood. This one is from Polygon Homes for an 81,414 SF site at the foot of Madison Avenue. The rezoning application is based on the RM4s designation under the City of Burnaby’s Brentwood Town Centre Plan, with a total density of 3.6 FAR, or 280 units.
Interestingly, due to high groundwater and challenging geotechnical buildings, the parking is above-grade and is proposed to be located behind street-oriented residential units.
Beedie Living has filed a rezoning application for an 18,287 SF site it acquired in 2013 at 105 Keefer Street and 544 Columbia Street. The proposal is for a 14-storey mixed-use building that includes:
- 137 residential units;
- commercial space on the ground and 2nd levels;
- a total density of 7.92 FSR;
- three levels of underground parking; and
- a height 127 ft.
Larco has submitted their rezoning application for the 4.4 acre site that they own in the Lower Capilano area; home to a former athletic club near Capilano Road and Marine Drive. This project will be adjacent to another 262-unit two-tower project announced earlier this year.
The plan calls for a mixed use project which would include 451 residential units, a small amount of at grade commercial, a mini-storage operation, and a public community centre.
The proposal is to build this project in four phases over ten years, with the community centre targeted to begin construction in year seven. Project details include:
- A total of 451 residential units;
- An 18-storey residential tower and a 12-storey residential tower;
- Three 6-storey apartment buildings, one of which is a market rental building;
- A 4-storey apartment building (two storeys over top of the community centre);
- A 4-storey seniors’ rental building;
- Twenty 2 and 3-storey townhouse units.
- A 26,550 SF community centre on the north side of the public plaza in the foot of the 12-storey tower;
- A public plaza in line with the future cross roads;
- A continuation of the open space with the village green park area next to the plaza;
- A new greenway trail along the western edge of the site;
- 4,200 SF of commercial space next to the public plaza; and
- A 125,000 SF underground mini-storage facility in the 3rd level of the basement.
Thind Developments has applied to the City of Burnaby for rezoning of 6205-6255 Kingsway to allow a 4-storey mixed-use development with full underground parking. The site is currently occupied by a strip retail centre and the Intercity Motel. The total site area is 45,307 SF, and the zoning designation is C-9. The project includes:
- Total density of 2.2 FAR
- 101 units
- 187 parking spaces
The property was assembled in 2012-2013 for a total of $5,730,000, or $57 per buildable SF.
Kenstone Properties has applied to rezone a 32,681 SF site at 468 West 33rd Avenue and 4956-4958 Cambie Street under the Cambie Corridor Plan, which allows residential uses up to 6-storeys in this location. The proposal includes:
- 68 residential units, including 8 townhouses;
- a 906 SF retail space on the ground floor;
- a density of 2.57 FSR;
- 30 three-bedroom units;
- 2-levels of underground parking
This site sold back in June 2012 for $13,600,000, or $159 per buildable SF.
Bogner Development has submitted a new rezoning application for the church property it owns in Kerrisdale at 2095 West 43rd Avenue (East Blvd and West 43rd Ave).
Bogner had filed an application in January for a 6-storey, 56-unit rental apartment building at 3.25 FSR. After community feedback, that proposal was withdrawn last month.
The new proposal is for a 4-storey condo building that includes:
- 17 residential units;
- a density of 2.30 FSR;
- commercial uses at grade; and
- 27 underground parking spaces.
Bosa Properties has submitted an application to amend the existing CD-1 zoning for 1575 West Georgia to permit a 26-storey tower on the site, currently a 3-storey office building. The plan is for:
- a 26-storey residential tower
- a density of 10.83 FSR;
- a total of 184 residential units;
- ground-level commercial space;
- three floors of office space;
- seven levels of underground parking;
- a total height of 265 ft.