A development application has been submitted to the City of Vancouver for permission to consolidate three single family lots at the Southeast corner of Granville Street and Park Drive in marpole.
The proposed development plan for 1488 Park Drive (entitled ‘Park Grand’) is for a new 3-storey residential building(s), consisting of:
- 17 units;
- a total density of 1.19 FSR;
- 26 parking spaces in an underground garage having vehicular access from the lane.
Under the site’s existing RM-8N zoning, the application is “conditional” so it may be permitted; however, it requires the decision of the Director of Planning.
The site was assembled by Grandlake Investments Corp. in 2016 for a total of $8,670,000, or $377 per buildable SF.
The architect for the project is Cornerstone Architecture.
Formwerks Architectural, on behalf of Marcon, has applied to redevelop a 3-lot land assembly on Granville Street for townhouse use. The 20,141 SF site is zoned RM-8N, one of the new zones in the Marpole Community Plan. The project, located between West 57th and West 58th Avenue, includes the following:
- two 2-storey and two 3-storey courtyard townhouse buildings
- a total of 17 units
- all 3-bedrooms ranging between 1,272 SF and 1,571 SF
- a total density of 1.12 FSR
- one level of underground parking containing 34 spaces
The application describes the massing of the project: “Courtyard townhomes are proposed with a 24’ courtyard. Massing is further stepped back at upper levels to allow more natural light into the courtyard. The proposed development also features underground parking with access off the rear lane. We are proposing a two storey with a partial third storey expression along Granville Street, and the third storey is more set back to suit a single-family expression.”
Intracorp has filed an application for an RM-8N zoned, 5-lot land assembly on Granville Street at Park Drive/West 59th Ave that was rezoned in the Marpole Community Plan in 2014. The plan for the site includes:
- five 2.5 storey courtyard townhouse buildings
- 26 three-bedroom townhouse units
- one level of underground parking
- 41,095 SF
- a total density of 1.20 FSR
The architect for the project is SHIFT architecture.