The preliminary master plan concept for the 38.5 acre Sapperton Green site has now been approved by the City of New Westminster, allowing the project to move forward to public consultation and eventual rezoning.
The site sits on the Eastern edge of New Westminster and is adjacent to Braid Skytrain Station. The site is currently improved with older industrial buildings currently used by Amazon.
Details of the proposed development within the preliminary master plan include:
- 13 to 14 residential towers with midrises and townhouses
- Approx. 3,700 units (half condo / half rental)
- 3,400,000 SF of residential space
- 800,000 to 1,150,000 SF of office space (mostly along Braid near the station)
- 150,000 SF of retail space
- 35,000 SF community centre facility
- a central greenway running through the site in addition to a road network
- park dedication equal to approx. 12% of the gross site area
- a CAC to be determined
It is anticipated that the rezoning application would be sent to public hearing in the Spring of 2018.