Marcon has submitted an OCP amendment and rezoning application to the City of Port Moody three separate parcels of land located along St. George Street in the Moody Centre area. The lots in question are 22 single family lots located between 3010-3042, 3009-3029, and 3037-3113 St. George Street, and combine for a total land area of 191,462 SF. Dallas Creek bisects the townhouse portion of the site.
Details of the project include:
- 252 total units;
- 179 units within two six-storey buildings on Parcel 1 on the north side of St. George Street; (104 one-beds, 55 two-beds and 20 three-beds)
- 73 townhouses respectively on Parcels 2 and 3 on the south side of St. George Street in a total of 11 buildings; (50 three-beds and 23 four-bed units);
- an overall density of 1.42 FAR;
- 402 underground parking spaces;
- significant enhancements to Dallas Creek watershed, including daylighting; re-establishment of water flows; channel widening; in-stream habitat creation; removal of buildings and structures within the Streamside Protection and Enhancement Area (SPEA); and creation and restoration of the riparian habitat;
- the dedication to the City of the SPEA and neighbouring park/open space totalling 36,166 SF;
- the provision of six affordable housing units for Kinsight.
An OCP amendment is required to increase the maximum permitted height of the properties on the north side of St. George Street from three storeys to six storeys; re-designate portions of the property as Parks and Open Space; and allow for flexibility in relation to SPEA setbacks from Dallas Creek in line with other OCP policies.
The architect for the project is SHIFT Architecture.