Woodbridge Homes and Capilano University have partnered for a new condo and student housing development adjacent the University at 1923 Purcell Way in North Vancouver.
The application is for an OCP amendment and rezoning to allow a new development on the site which is currently improved with an older 90-unit strata that recently went through the wind-up and sale process. The site is identified in the Official Community Plan as Residential Level 5, which permits up to 1.75 FSR.
The development plan includes:
- 124 condo units in a 6-storey building;
- 60 townhouse units in 3 & 4 storey buildings;
- 19 studios, 58 one-bedrooms, 39 two-bedrooms, 68 three-bedrooms
- 60 student housing units (avg. 200 SF) in a new 6-storey building on the adjacent university lands facing Greg Lee Way;
- an overall density of 1.75 FSR;
- 276 parking spaces;
- a CAC payment of $1,700,000
The architect for the project is Rositch Hemphill Architects.